This webshop is devoted to publications by authors living in or from Connemara. We welcome writers of every style!
Terms and Conditions
The author will:
- Live in or be from Connemara (west of the Corrib). Proof of this may be requested. Regional writers groups and community organisations that have publications are also welcome. (Exceptions can be made if the author has a strong relationship with Connemara.)
- Complete the inConnemara Bookshop | Author Registration form HERE.
- Pay the registration fee of €50. (Note: This is NOT per book – it covers all of the author’s publications.).
- Descriptions, pricing, and reviews received for each book, as well as the physical bookshops in Connemara where each book is available. (Our intent is to encourage local purchase from local shops.) Note: The author will receive an email requesting this information after registration is confirmed.
- Supply ten books to inConnemara – or the quantity on hand if less than ten. Note: Currently, digital books are not accepted.
- Facilitate the sales of author/s books in a modern and professional online environment.
- Develop and execute a continuous marketing strategy to promote the bookshop, authors and publications via traditional and digital media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, online writing blogs).
- Charge 30% commission for each book sold (this includes the fees paid to the online payment channel – i.e. PayPal or Stripe).
- Ship the book (charged to purchaser).
- Send a monthly sales report to each author with notification of payment (if books have been sold).
- Alert author/s when the stock of a publication is low.
- Book with a Selling Price of €10.00.
- Revenue to Author/s: €7.00 (30% commission to inConnemara)
- Shipping Charge: Additional cost to purchaser.
- Stripe Payment Channel Charge: Paid from inConnemara commission. (Currently: 1.4% + €0.25 for European cards / 2.9% + €0.25 for non-European cards)